There is no place like New York City! I love my city but NYC has a heartbeat of it's own. You can be walking down the street and run into someone "famous" just out for a stroll. Everyone loves NYC for different things. Here are 10 things to do in NYC. Some of them FREE!
10. See a movie. I know weird, go to New York City and go to the movies. But If you have never been to the Movie Theater in NYC- you have to go! It is Huge, and there are so many shows to choose from! Don't forget anything behind when you leave, it will take you a minute to get back to your seat/theater! If you don't want to go to the movies, attend a church service in one of the theaters. Not entertainment but seasoning for your soul.
9. Central Park - Beautiful, filled with so many areas. Take a carriage ride to visit the sculptures or the river. There are more than 20,000 trees, an oasis in the middle of the city! The park is so giant that is has a Castle a Museum, and a Zoo within its property lines.
8. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Iconic and you see it in so many movies, you can stroll across and take a great selfie.
7. Go see and explore the High line. Elevated train tracks transformed into a new community area to meet and mingle, walk, sit and enjoy New York.
6. The Cloisters Museum specializing in European medieval architecture, sculpture and art.
address: 99 Margaret Corbin Dr, New York, NY 10040
5. Astoria Park
4. Alexander Hamilton's Harlem Home.
3. Staten Island Ferry web link here: http://www.siferry.com/index.html
2. 9/11 Memorial you can go to pay your respects and see the 9/11 Memorial . It is on 8 of the 16 acres of the original site of The World Trade Center.
1. See a taping of The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. tickets are released 1 month before the show, so you may be able to get stand by tickets for the night of the taping.
These are not the typical things people think of when they are going to visit The Big Apple, but these are worth the visit and most have no admission!
For Tour tickets :
For Tour tickets :